The Valuer General can delegate functions outlined in the Valuation of Land Act 1916 (the Act).
Property NSW manages the valuation system on behalf of the Valuer General under formal delegation.
The Valuer General details the services and performance standards that Property NSW is required to deliver in a Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- is reviewed and updated regularly to ensure services meet changing stakeholder needs and continuous improvement of the valuation system
- establishes clear performance standards and requires Property NSW to regularly report against these
- defines the separation of responsibilities and accountabilities between the Valuer General and Property NSW.
Property NSW provides a range of valuation services on behalf of the Valuer General. These services include:
- the management of customer services and provision of information to stakeholders
- the management of valuation service contracts and provision of information to contract valuers
- the objection review process
- auditing and ensuring the quality of land values
- maintaining the Register of Land Values
- day to day management of valuations completed under the Act
- determining compensation under the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991
- the development of operational procedures.
Our service to you (PDF 456.8 KB) outlines the commitments of the Valuer General and Property NSW to our customers.