Parliamentary Committee on the Office of the Valuer General
The Parliamentary Committee on the Office of the Valuer General monitors and reviews the exercise of the Valuer General's functions with respect to land valuations.
The Committee can monitor valuation methodologies, the arrangements under which valuation contracts are negotiated and entered into, and the standard of valuation services provided under such contracts.
The Committee does not have the ability to review individual valuations or objections to individual valuations. The processing of these issues remains the responsibility the Valuer General.
Land Valuation Advisory Group
The Land Valuation Advisory Group (LVAG) monitors the quality of land valuations and provides a channel for communication between the Valuer General and stakeholders.
The LVAG includes senior representatives from the:
- Real Estate Institute NSW
- Australian Property Institute
- Local Government NSW
- Property Council of Australia
- Office of State Revenue
- Shopping Centre Council of Australia
- Office of Local Government.
The principle objectives of the LVAG are to:
- monitor and review the ongoing quality of land values
- ensure dissemination of information by members to their respective industry body
- recommend areas for further research into improving the NSW valuation system
- oversee recommendations of the Land Value Improvement Group
- advise on projects brought to members’ attention by the Valuer General
- sponsor and oversee projects to improve the quality of the NSW valuation system.
The Valuer General reports administratively to the Minister for Finance, Services and Property and the Secretary of the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation.