The Land Valuation Advisory Group provides industry stakeholder oversight, consultation and advice to the Valuer General on the valuation system.
The group includes representatives from:
- Real Estate Institute of NSW
- Australian Property Institute
- Local Government NSW
- Office of Local Government
- Shopping Centre Council of Australia
- Property Council of Australia
- Office of State Revenue
- Office of the Valuer General.
The group was established as a result of the recommendations of the 'Report of Inquiry into Operation of the Valuation of Land Act' which was released in October 1999 (the Walton Report).